Can you believe that on May 27 the Golden Gate Bridge will turn 75. For years the bridge has been an iconic image of the Bay Area, were many visitors flock to see its beauty. Did you know that when it was proposed in 1916 it met fierce resistance from a a variety of sources including the Department of War, the Southern Pacific Railroad and ferry union workers. Luckily, six counties decided to foot the $35 million cost, an astronomical sum during the Great Depression, to build the world's longest suspension bridge at the time. Hex Cap Screws are high strength fasteners for bridge, highway, power water treatments and marine construction. There were approximately 600,000 bolts used in each tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. Like our many other components, such as hex head structural bolts, anchor bolts and hex coupling nuts, hex cap screws are made of the highest quality materials including stainless steel and zinc. In addition to high stress endurance and high strength, by their very design, hex cap screws are meant to maintain tighter tolerances. Hex cap screws are defined by their hexagonal head and closer reflect bolts in appearance rather than common screws. These fasteners are frequently used in industrial and large scale structural applications such as bridge building, as well as for common wood construction. Whether custom or off-the-shelf, Baco Enterprises have your fastener solutions with fast delivery service.
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
I found this great article on ways to protect yourself against all those debit card dangers we hear about. So here it goes and remember stay vigilant and always monitor your money!
5 ways to protect yourself against debit card dangers…
- Save receipts to check against your monthly statement. Make sure all the charges are correct and there are no errors on the statement or any unauthorized charges.
- Don’t use a PIN that is too obvious, like your date of birth or 1234, and change it regularly.
- Sign up for online banking if you haven’t yet so that you can check your account often.
- Reduce your risk of ATM “skimming”, in which a device electronically swipes your data and PIN. Use machines at banks rather than in convenience stores, airports, gas stations, or any isolated location, which can be riskier.
- Use your debit card to make purchases only with trusted merchants, and don’t give your card number to anyone you don’t know over the phone or by e-mail.
Source: Consumer Reports ShopSmart;)magazine, April 2012, page 16)
Posted by Rose at 5/25/2012
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Rivets are one of the oldest fastening systems known, and have been used in manufacturing for centuries. In the aerospace industry there are over 30,000 different fasteners available. Many of these fasteners are specialized hardware specific to certain aircraft. Rivets are common to all aircraft and the types and range of sizes are standard across the industry. Rapid Rivet & Fastener Corp. recognizes its responsibility as a master distributor of fasteners and rivets to government, aerospace and commercial industries. Rapid Rivet has been reviewed by its major aerospace customers and has gained approval by meeting or exceeding the requirements of all such Quality System inspections. Chemical and Physical test reports are available on all inventory items with full traceability to the manufacturer of record. Rapid Rivet & Fastener Corp. has a large inventory of aerospace and commercial rivets in stock, ready to ship for your manufacturing needs.
Posted by Rose at 5/22/2012